Maybank Women Eco-Weavers
This regional initiative aims to:
- Promote the creation of new women weavers throughout the ASEAN region.
- Expand gradually to provide financial inclusion to women in other relevant regions where we operate.
- Promote environmentally-friendly practices and the use of natural production materials.
- Preserve and promote ASEAN cultural heritage.
- Promote ASEAN awareness and sense of community.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- The Maybank Women Eco-Weavers Programme is endorsed by ASEAN as a programme that is aligned to the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025 via our participation at the ASEAN 50th Anniversary Celebration graced by the President of Indonesia, H.E. Pak Jokowi in 2017
- Bronze award recipient at the Global CSR Awards under the “Best Community Programme” in 2017
- Silver award recipient at the Global CSR Awards under the “Best Environmental Excellent Award” in 2018
- Gold award recipient at the Global CSR Awards under the “Best Community Programme” in 2019
- Achieved another milestone when a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed with the National Heritage Board of Singapore to work together to promote the art, culture and heritage of Southeast Asia in 2019
- Shortlisted in the Edie Sustainability Leaders Awards in 2018 & 2019, finalist in the “Social Sustainability & Community Development” category.